The Waterloo Community School District participates in the National School Lunch and Breakfast Programs. Families who need assistance are encouraged to fill out the Free and Reduced Lunch Application. Applications are available at all school buildings, the Waterloo Education Service Center, or the Food Service main office located at 1554 Oakwood Drive. Applications may be accessed using the link below.
Lunch applications are only needed for students at the following schools:
Kingsley Elementary School
Orange Elementary School
Hoover Middle School
West High School
Free/Reduced Lunch Application Materials
Important things to know:
- A new application is required from each household with students in the above schools every year. Once it is determined that your household is eligible to receive benefits, the benefits are available for the entire school year, or until a new application is filled out.
- Make sure to answer all questions on the application form. Incomplete applications can not be processed and will be returned for completion.
- Remember to sign and date the form.
- There are two ways to complete your application. One is by income, the other is by food assistance number. If you complete the application based on income, make sure to include all income for each member of the household. This income is gross income (before taxes, and deductions). If your family receives food assistance you may complete the application by listing your Notice of Decision case number in the appropriate area of the application, listing all school aged children, and sign and date the application. Income for household members is not needed if you have a Case Number. Do Not Include your EBT card number, this is not a valid number.
- You are responsible for the full price of the meals for ten days after the lunch application has been turned in. You will receive written documentation after your application is received and processed telling you whether your children qualified.
- Application status carries over the first 30 days of the following school year. Please make sure you have a new application completed within the first month of the school year. If your child’s carryover status expires before a new application is received and processed, you will be responsible for all meals.
We are pleased to announce ALL students enrolled at the schools listed below will receive a healthy breakfast and lunch at NO CHARGE to your household each day of the 2018-2019 school year:
Becker Elementary School
Elk Run Early Childhood Center
Dr. Walter Cunningham School for Excellence
Highland Elementary School
Irving Elementary School
Lincoln Elementary School
Lowell Elementary School
Kittrell Elementary School (including Kittrell Early Childhood Center)
Lou Henry Elementary School
Poyner Elementary School
Bunger Middle School
Central Middle School
GW Carver Middle School
East High School
Expo Alternative High School
Waterloo Schools is participating in the United States Department of Agriculture’s Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) in the schools listed. The above schools meet the reimbursement formula to qualify for no-cost breakfast and lunch. Pre-K students at the above schools will also be offered an afternoon no-cost snack.
Benefits for Students:
- Enjoy healthy meals at school at no cost
Benefits for Families:
- Do not have to fill out free & reduced meal applications for students in the above schools
- Do not have to worry about refilling meal accounts or whether your child has an opportunity to eat at school.
- If you have students attending schools in our district other than those listed above, a free & reduced meal application would still need to be filled out and submitted at that student’s school. Children from CEP schools would be listed as household members on the application. The results of the processed application would not affect the students from schools mentioned above.
- Families will still be responsible for a la carte items, such as extra milk, extra entrées and extra side items.
- If your child(ren) moves from one of the schools listed above to a non-CEP school, you may fill out a free and reduced lunch application form if you would like to apply for free or reduced lunches.