We are pleased to announce ALL students enrolled in the Waterloo Community School District will receive a healthy breakfast and lunch at NO CHARGE to your household each day of the 2019-2020 school year.
Waterloo Schools is participating in the United States Department of Agriculture’s Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) for all schools in our District. Pre-K students will also be offered an afternoon no-cost snack.
Benefits for Students:
- Enjoy healthy meals at school at no cost
Benefits for Families:
- Do not have to fill out free & reduced meal applications.
- Do not have to worry about refilling meal accounts or whether your child has an opportunity to eat at school.
- Families will still be responsible for a la carte items, such as extra milk, extra entrées and extra side items.
- Students who choose to bring a cold lunch from home and wish to have a milk from the school, will need to purchase it for 50 cents. We do not participate in the Free Milk Program.
Lunch Account Balances:
- The money that is in your child’s account will remain there. It never goes away and will follow them from year to year.
- If you would like a refund, please contact our Food & Nutrition Program office and a refund check will be issued. The number to contact is (319)433-2037.
- If you child has school fees and you wish to use the money in their lunch account to pay them, you can request that at the School District Business Office (319)433-1816.
Negative Account Balances:
The negative balance in your child’s lunch account will need to be paid. The automatic calling system will still be utilized. Their negative balance will not go away and will follow them each year. If you can not pay the balance in full, you can make payments until the negative balance is zero. For further information please call (319)433-2037.
Waiver Form for Fees:
If you would like your child to receive free or reduced lunch fees, you must fill out a Fee Waiver form, and have completed the household survey. The Fee Waiver form allows us to use the information in your household survey to determine the level of assistance your child will receive towards fees for Driver’s Education, Instrument rental, etc. If you have not completed the survey, you can obtain one by calling (319)433-1872.