Apply for a Coaching Position
Coaching positions are now posted online through ALIO. All persons wanting to apply for a coaching position with the Waterloo Community Schools must create a profile and apply for an open position on the ALIO Applicant Portal. All coaching positions will be posted for five (5) days. Candidates names and resumes will be forwarded to the respective building Athletic Director for review.
When a candidate is recommended to be hired, that candidate must complete the requirements listed below and turn them into Human Resources before the position can be sent to the Board of Education for approval.
- Complete a physical, including a TB test (at candidate’s expense)
- Complete a drug test (at candidate’s expense)
- Pass a background check (District completes)
- Complete an I-9 form with approved identification
Below are the forms needed to complete the paperwork for a coaching position:
- Physical, Drug, and TB Test Form
- I-9 Form
- W-4 forms 2019
- Centralized Employee Registry Reporting Form
- Substance-Free Workplace Notice to Employees
- Background Applicant Release and Authorization
All persons who are volunteer coaches in the Waterloo Community School District must have a current coaching license. A volunteer coaching form must also be filled out and the volunteer will need to pass a background check. A copy of the volunteer coaching form and the coaching license will be kept on file in both Human Resources and at the volunteer’s respective building assignment.
Volunteer Coach Application