The district operates a web-based helpdesk system for staff to log technology issues and requests. Simply visit https://helpdesk.waterloo.k12.ia.us from any computer with internet access. Use your normal username and password to login. When using the online system, the appropriate technology staff member is instantly notified of your request via email, based on your location and the request type you select. Please note that there is also a “History” button to view your past requests, and an “FAQ” button where technology services posts answers to frequently asked questions. You are notified via email when there is an update to your request, or your request is closed. Please be sure to scroll down on the helpdesk update emails to see notes that the technology staff member has put in the ticket. If a response is requested, there is a link in the update email to click on to add your response as a note to the ticket. We also continue to operate a call-in helpdesk service at ext 18324 (internally) or 433.1858 (externally). That service is available Monday-Friday 7:15 am – 4:30 pm, except district holidays. We ask that the call-in service be reserved for questions or emergency requests.
Please remember that WCSD tech services, or any other legitimate organization, will never ask for you to reply to an email or click on a link to supply passwords or other personal information.
If you ever receive an email requesting you to reply or click on a link to provide passwords or other personal information, please delete without responding.
Always remember to employ common sense when dealing with electronic communications.
All students in grades 2-12 have a network account to log-on to district computers, as well as an email account and an Infinite Campus portal account.
- Students should always use their own network account when logging onto district computers. Never give students, or anyone else, your password.
- Student account usernames are their email addresses. All student email addresses end in @wloo.org.
- Teachers can look up student email addresses in Infinite Campus. For help, see information in the “Tech Info & Manuals” team drive.
- “Recipe” for student passwords: Their first and last initial in lower case letters followed by their six digit birthdate. For example, John Smith, who was born on June 7, 1995, would have a password of js060795.
- Students will have the option of changing their password, but they will not be forced to change their password. Students changing their password must do so through studentNet: https://www2.waterloo.k12.ia.us/studentNet/
- Note that this is only available when using a computer within the Waterloo Schools.
- Student accounts (including email) are automatically created when students enroll in the district and are automatically disabled when students leave the district.
- All students in grades 2-12 have email accounts through google mail (gmail).
- Google mail and apps access is available through the following site:
- For help getting started using google email and apps, visit:
Infinite Campus portal accounts
- The Infinite Campus portal allows students to track their progress and information just as parents can.
- Usernames also are student’s email addresses and passwords match their network password.
Contact the helpdesk at https://helpdesk.waterloo.k12.ia.us / ext. 18324 / 319.433.1858 with questions.
Teachers may submit a ticket through the helpdesk to request the ability to reset student passwords.
Waterloo Schools staff and parents can receive members only pricing on all personal PCs from Dell. You can order by calling 1-800-695-8133, or by purchasing online at www.dell.com/epp. You will need to reference member ID# KS15941399.
Please note that technology services cannot support personal computers you choose to purchase. Additionally, purchases are through a 3rd party vendor (Dell). While we do conduct school district business with this vendor, we do not have control over your transaction and thus are not able to assist you with the purchase process.