Hello 8th Grade Families,
Every fall, we’re eager to hold High School Scheduling family nights for ALL current 8th graders in Waterloo Schools. This is a valuable opportunity that requires your participation to ensure YOUR current 8th grader is appropriately registered for high school courses and ready to get started in high school on the right foot!
Because these High School Scheduling family nights are required, we offer flexibility! You have several options (you only need to attend one and you can choose any location and date that fits with your family’s schedule).
Mark Your Calendar for One of the Following:
Each meeting lasts one hour and snacks will be served.
ESC- Wednesday, November 9 @ 8am
Carver- Thursday, November 10 @ 6:30pm
Central- Monday, November 14 @ 6:30pm
ESC- Tuesday, November 15 @ Noon
Hoover- Tuesday, November 15 @ 6:30pm
Bunger- Thursday, November 17 @ 6:30pm
What You’ll Learn:
- High School Course Options and Extracurricular Activities
- High School Registration Requirements
AND you’ll have a chance to talk — right then and there — to counselors who can help with registration on the spot.
The Benefits to Attending High School Scheduling Family Nights:
- Even if you’ve previously attended with an older child, each child is different — their needs, interests, and skills are different! — it is important that you’re part of the process to create an individualized plan unique to your current 8th grader.
- There is no better opportunity to engage 1:1 with the principals, counselors, coaches, advisors, and teachers prior to your student enrolling in high school.
- Parents who’ve attended in the past — even those whose older students already attended one of these evenings — attest to the value! They say, hands-down, they’re glad they attended.
- Questions? Contact your 8th-grade school counselor.
We look forward to seeing you in November!