Waterloo Virtual Academy (WVA) specializes in the use of online learning that provides a flexible option to progress learning outside of the traditional school setting. Students enrolled in the WVA Academy will have the support of a highly certified Waterloo CSD teacher for the majority of their classes. A learning coach is assigned to each student to ensure adequate progress is being made, and address questions or
concerns that the student may have.
● All online curriculums (E20/20) are customized to meet the standards and benchmarks of the Waterloo CSD, and meets common core standards.
● The WVA will integrate a progress based attendance policy for students who do not fall under the mandatory attendance policy. Students who fall under the mandatory attendance policy will be required to log in to their online courses for a required number of hours per day.
● The WVA will allow students the supports they need in a virtual school setting to graduate prepared for college, career and citizenship.
● With the online learning environment, students will have access to teachers, counselors, and their learning coach to ensure they have the skills necessary to continue their education, pursue a career path, or contribute to the community.
● WVA staff will assist students with college applications, job applications, as well as offer courses to ensure our students have the skills necessary to be successful post-graduation.