Are you eligible for free district transportation?
- Elementary students (K-5) who live more than 1 mile from their boundary school
- Middle school students (6-8) who live more than 2 miles from their boundary school
- High school students (9-12) who live more than 3 miles from their boundary school
- Students who have transportation included in their Individual Education Plan (IEP)
- Students whose walking route is considered a hazard (Elementary Students ONLY)
- Students who meet the guidelines may be eligible for discretionary transportation pending space availability.
- Students, who meet the district mileage guidelines and attend their boundary school, are eligible for childcare transportation instead of being transported to and from their qualifying primary address (home).
- The child care center must meet the district mileage guidelines and also be within their boundary school area.
Boys & Girls Club Transportation
- All students riding the bus to the Club must be current members of the Boys & Girls Club of the Cedar Valley. Please contact the Boys and Girls Club for more information. https://www.cedarvalleyclubs.org/
- Students who require special accommodations for a medical condition may contact Student Services for a Medical Transportation Form. This application must be completed and signed by the student’s physician. The completed application can be returned to Students Services Attention Hank Huddleson. Once the services have been verified by a Student Services staff member, transportation will be routed.
- Students will not be considered for medical transportation if it does not affect them personally. (I.E. Parent has a medical condition and cannot walk the student to and from the stop, etc.) If the student does not have a medical condition, they will not be approved for medical transportation.
Kindergarten Waiver to Walk Form
- Kindergarten students are required to have an adult present at their bus stop. However, parents/ guardians are able to sign a Waiver to Walk Home form and allow the kindergarten students to be walked home by older siblings/ children. If a Waiver to Walk form is not completed, the driver cannot allow the child to get off the bus without a parent/ guardian present.
Request for Harness
- As situations or concerns arise, parents/ guardians may contact their students building administrator and request that the child be placed in a harness to help them remain seated safely.
Special Education Student Transportation
- Special education students follow the same guidelines as regular education students, unless, transportation is included in their IEP. Special education students who do not meet the state mileage guidelines or have transportation included in their IEP will have the option to apply for discretionary transportation. Discretionary transportation is not guaranteed and is limited to route and space availability.
More transportation information can be found in the WCSD Transportation Handbook 23-24
Contact Us at: [email protected]
- First Student, 1601 Black Hawk St Waterloo, IA 50702 (319) 291-4879 phone (319) 226-9807 fax https://www.firststudentinc.com/, Location Manager: Sheandra McCray-Sneed
- WCSD Transportation Manager, 1516 Washington St Waterloo, IA 50702 (319) 433-1835 phone.