1516 Washington Street, Waterloo, IA 50702
The Waterloo Community School District’s Equity Committee meets four times a year. The Committee is comprised of representatives from the community, the school district, parents, and students. The Committee is charged with the goals below:
The Waterloo Community School District will demonstrate their commitment to equity.
• Review and update policies and administrative regulations to insure appropriate language related to equity issues.
• Monitor the development of hiring practices, job descriptions, and staff evaluation procedures.
• Utilize the Equity Committee to review and analyze District initiatives and their relationship to equity issues.
The Waterloo Community School District will demonstrate a commitment to teaching and learning processes which address the diversity of learners in our classrooms.
• Provide diversity training for all employees.
• Assist with professional development opportunities for staff to augment teaching strategies to meet the diverse needs of all learners.
• Review student activity participation data and make recommendations as appropriate.
• Monitor equity matrix data and review plans for closing the achievement gap.
• Implement programs and activities to support academic achievement of students from diverse backgrounds.
Waterloo Community School District will demonstrate a commitment to increasing parent and community support and involvement from all segments of the community for the schools.
• Assist schools in the development of a building climate what is welcoming to all parents and community members.
• Support the implementation of programs and activities to support involvement of all parents and community members.
• Monitor membership of all District-level committees and site councils to assure diverse representation.